Research Project


For my research question, I'm going to present on how Marie's Antoinette was full of undeserved hatred from the country of France and the peers surrounding her. She lived in a misogynistic time period where women had no voice. A time where women could be blamed for things there husband did. Marie was accused of being greedy, conniving, and only invested in herself. Her image was destroyed by the media for many years all because the country did not see fit to blaming her husband for the troubles of the country.


It is important that I teach my peers about Marie Antoinette. For many years, I never truly knew who Marie Antoinette was. All I knew was that she was some woman that was beheaded. I thought she was an evil woman who deserved to be punished. Yet, as I took a further look into who she was, I realized she was a decent woman who was simply born at the wrong place at the wrong time.  Her "faults" were not truly faults. They were simply rumors and lies told about her so that she may be the scapegoat for the Revolution. I feel my peers should hear the truth about her.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My best friend

Purple Hibiscus ***SPOILER ALERT***

Human Nature: Imperfections