Hurricane Katrina
In 2005, I was barely starting kindergarten. I don't remember much, but my mom tells me stories of how Hurricane Katrina was one of the worst storms to ever hit Louisiana. I do remember being with my entire family in a three bedroom house all sitting around saying prayers and asking God for help in our time of need. At the time, I thought our situation was terrible. A tree had fell over and nearly collapsed on the house and the weather outside was horrific. I did not think it could get any worse. It wasn't until a couple of years ago, when I watched videos and read about how it was completely different on the other side of the state. I especially did not know it caused that much emotional damage until I read excerpts of " New Orleans After the Deluge" by Josh Neufield. This graphic novel was very descriptive of how normal life was hours before the storm hit. Folks in New Orleans were not prepared for the wrath of rain. Many believe...
Comments
Post a Comment